The Coronavirus outbreak has surely highlighted the importance of not just cleanliness and hygiene but also about sanitation at work and at home. Gone are the days when we could take "Good Hygiene" for granted. The pandemic has left us all in the fear of getting infected because of which organizations have started taking office hygiene more seriously than ever before. Here are 5 tips to ensure your employees stay safe and healthy in a hygienic office environment:
- Easy Access To Sanitisers, Masks, & Gloves
Every personal hygiene product which will help your staff stay infection-free and clean needs to be easily accessible such as sanitisers, Gloves, Disposable Wipes, Disposable Face Masks, Medical Masks and more. Hand sanitisers should be placed in frequently visited corners, rooms, entrances, and exits to encourage hand hygiene. Most importantly, we highly recommend using sanitisers that have at least 60% alcohol content. Also, the washroom should be well-equipped with toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and water.
- Introduce A Hygiene Policy
Implement a policy that focuses on establishing a clean and hygienic workplace that prioritizes employee health and safety. The hygiene policy should include guidelines related to physical distancing, health screening, good hygiene practices, and more. Don't forget to stagger meal times as we've got to keep COVID -19 safety measures in mind because the virus can be transmitted through droplets when you're eating with your co-workers. Hence we highly recommend eating at your own table and limit food sharing as much as possible.
- Disinfecting Office Space & Surfaces Frequently
Routine cleaning for frequently touched surfaces like tables, desks, doorknobs, handrails, and keyboards should be mandatory. The office space should also be disinfected every once in a while as it is directly linked to the safety and health of the employees. Antibacterial Disposable wipes should be easily accessible to all employees so they can clean commonly used surfaces more often without waiting on housekeeping staff as maintaining good hygiene is everybody's duty.
- Guiding Employees On Personal Hygiene
Poor personal hygiene can easily plague any office environment despite disinfecting office space multiple times. It's important to encourage your employees to maintain personal hygiene at every step, here are the most crucial ones:
- Encourage washing hands before and after eating, after coughing or sneezing, after using the washroom or touching commonly used surfaces while changing tasks
- Avoid sharing personal items such as pens, laptops, coffee mug or your utensils
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands, use a tissue or your upper sleeve to cover your mouth
- A big NO to shaking hands and patting backs, opt for an alternative method of greeting
- Dispose of tissues in bins with a lid
- Clean and disinfect commonly used equipment
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Regular Monitoring
The following tips would all go in vain if not practice efficiently. It's not just the duty of THE employer to monitor the staff regarding hygiene but the personal responsibility of each employee to keep the workspace clean and safe. Monitoring can be done through effective communication and initiatives which promote health, hygiene, and sanitation. For eg. Email reminders and putting up posters w.ill be a good way to start
Planning to stock up your office with hygiene products soon? Click here to grab the best deals at affordable prices