The COVID – 19 virus is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes or exhales. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has it, or by touching contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.
It is wise to only go out when it is absolutely necessary. But the trips to the grocery store cannot really be avoided. With the Government taking appropriate measures to ensure that the goods have a smooth supply, there is absolutely no need for any hoarding. One can buy what they need and need not worry about running out of things if they plan their shopping well.
Now, since you’re going out, these are some of the precautions you should take to ensure that you’re safe from COVID – 19.
- Do not leave the house without wearing a face mask or a medical mask and gloves.
- Carry a hand sanitiser, in case the gloves tear and you need to sanitise your hands.
- Maintain social distancing. See someone you recognize? Nodding or waving is the new cool.
- Try to finish the shopping quickly and stick to your list.
- Do not bring the grocery in contact with your skin, or touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands while outside.
- If there is a queue, make sure there is a distance of at least 1.5 meters between each person.
- Keep track of everything that you have touched as it all needs cleaning once you’re back home.
Now that the shopping is done, you still need to take precautions as the virus droplets might enter your house with you.
- Carefully take off your gloves and mask without touching their outer surface.
- Wash your hands for atleast 20 seconds.
- Wash the produce and packets thoroughly with warm water or apple cider vinegar.
- Sanitise everything that was used on the trip such as house keys or car keys, door handles and the insides of the car.
These are tough times to be living in. We can feel the stress everyday but by taking a few precautions and maintaining hygiene we can make this ordeal a bit easier on ourselves. Click here to equip yourself with essential 'Hygiene Products' today such as Hand sanitisers, Face Shields, Disposable Face Masks, Latex Gloves and more. Stay safe everyone!